So you may have noticed I have been a bit quieter than usual. There were several factors leading to this (I changed jobs, D and I went to Italy and we were both in shows in the space of about 5 weeks). More on all of the above later. Anyway, I have a lot of posts planned for the next couple of weeks and for some rather wonderful reason I have a lot of reviews lined up which excites me quite a lot (including afternoon teas and a low sugar chocolate spread). In the meantime I decided to just sit down and write. Writing is what I love and when the proportion of food posts to more general posts dropped, it was the writing I kept enjoying.
So onto my list which is based around some of my random pondering.
- If you’re going to a party and you don’t know anyone much beyond the host its always a good idea to take snacks. If you like baking or its a birthday you might want to make cupcakes or a birthday cake but generally you can’t go wrong with fancy crisps. There will always be someone who will be excited to see some Kettle Chips. (I am reliably that person).
- Life is so much better when you get past the point in your life when you envy people’s life events and feel genuinely happy for them. There is literally nothing nicer than sitting around with your old friends and having that lovely squishy feeling of contentment knowing people have achieved goals they set themselves, found their life partners or are expecting children. Jealousy weights you down and gets in the way of friendship, supporting your buddies just increases your happiness.
- In the same vein let the important people in your life know you care. Its always nice to feel appreciated.
- You never know what you can achieve until you put your mind to it. It takes guts, it takes practise but sometimes stepping out of your comfort zone is the best thing.
- Sometimes its good to take recommendations from friends and family on things. Tried and tested can be better than taking a risk (especially if its for something like a plumber or a roofer).
- If you’re regularly earning try to put a bit into savings each month, even if you’re not saving for anything in particular. When an opportunity does come along that you want to take it’ll mean you can just go for it without worrying so much about your finances.
- You know you’ve got a good one when you they tell you they’re proud of you when you achieve something you’ve been working towards.
- I’m just going to put this out there….I’m not sure I 100% understand all these people on my Instagram feed on holiday who are posing on inflatable things like doughnuts and flamingos. Where did they all come from?? How are they managing to pose so well on them? y brother and I had a blow up crocodile when we were 8 and 10 and we couldn’t stay on it for more than 3 minutes without falling off and we were a lot smaller back then.
- Don’t feel bad for occasionally taking time out for yourself. Just to stop and relax and enjoy your own company. Down time is important.
- Even if you don’t manage a long holiday or to visit any exotic locations, try new things this summer.
Be happy my friends.